THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Descent Day!


I spent today trying to kill my brother-in-law. For hours on end I tried to kill him. I used sharp blades, arrows and magic fireballs, but he continued to survive despite my terrifying barrage of fury.
He managed to fight his way through a living "Wall of Bone" and recover "The Robe of Time and Space". Of course, he doesn't get to keep this fabled artifact of immense power. Otherwise his current quest would be far too easy.
We were only able to start the next quest before having to pack up and resume our mundane lives. (Well, *I* resumed my mundane life. He went to something called a "play-off" game for the "Cubs" tonight in Phoenix. Some people have strange hobbies, huh?)
However, when we next meet, he will have to descend into the bowels of an active volcano, fighting through a gauntlet of fiery evils in his quest to seal the burning mountain and save the nearby village.
Yep. He's seriously screwed...

No comments: