THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Fast Fantasy Fix



I've determined that my schedule is just a little too tight to allow for an involving RPG video game right now.
The classics of the NES/SNES era required much less personal memory to be utilized for keeping track of the story and various characters. And while I'd love to get into a game like "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion", I just can't fit it into my schedule.
I've also effectively used up the various Action-RPGs that suit my liking, but even they can require you to remember details between potentially weeks of sitting down and playing, that I just won't be able to retain.
So I'm branching out into the realm of straight-up action games, although still with a fantasy theme. Selling a couple old games and movies to gain some trade credit and shelf space, I've picked up "Demon Stone" (an enjoyable game that I almost purchased once, but backed out of in favor of an action RPG) and "God Of War", a critically acclaimed action epic that I now have the right cheat codes to enjoy.
I've got seven days to determine if I will keep one or both of them before my unconditional refund window closes. (Gamestop is an awesome store, isn't it?) I'll probably have my decision before the weekend is out, but hopefully I'll wind up with two great games that scratch just the itch I need to right now.

No comments: