THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Why Not "Farscape The Experience"?

Next week my wife and I will be joining my parents and siblings for a week in Las Vegas. One item on the agenda is "Star Trek: The Experience".

The basic idea, as I understand it, is a hotel lobby has been transformed into a "Deep Space 9" type station, with a couple "Star Tours" type rides to go on. For years I've dreamed of checking this place out, but I have to admit that my interest has faded quite a bit. I mean, Star Trek? C'mon. Until its (hopeful) revival with next year's movie, the franchise is dead in the water, with only the most hard core fans still talking about it. "Farscape" has been off the air for about five years now, but would make a much more interesting attraction. Or how about a "Battlestar Galactica Experience"?

Granted, those two shows don't have the cult following that the Star Trek Franchise does, but either one would be a much more welcome highlight to my vacation.

Oh well....

No comments: