THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, April 18, 2008

A Dangerous Game



Okay, so I can now see why a reviewer at Gamespot called this a "dangerous game" for the industry. He said it may be the last RPG you'll need to buy for a very long time. I think he may be right.

Sure, I know that Neverwinter Nights 2 is out and already has at least one or two expansions, but I don't make a real effort to keep my PC up to date for the latest games. In this case, that worked in my favor! NWN has been out long enough that the resources for it have really built up!

At the "Neverwinter Vault" website there are HUNDREDS of new adventures created by users that I can take advantage of for FREE! Some will undoubtedly suck, but a user rating system goes a long way toward sifting out the crap.

My friend Mark is pushing me to get a 360 so I can join his particular flavor of nerd-fest online, but (WHOA!! I was just typing this sentence and Mark called to tell me he bought "Descent" to play with his girlfriend! Suh-WEET!!) this game is likely to keep me busy for a LONG time until then.

Speaking of which, what am blogging for when I could be putting bloody chunks of dragon on a dungeon wall somewhere??

No comments: