THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Batman Bake-a-thon!



It's that time of year again! Several Christmases ago, I picked out and tried a very simple recipe for making "peanut clusters" (chocolate covered peanuts in cookie size "clusters"). I had also slowly developed the tradition of watching my favorite "Christmas Movie", BATMAN RETURNS every December. (In case you've forgotten, the movie takes place during the Christmas season in Gotham.)

Before long, I combined both traditions into an afternoon of baking Peanut Clusters and watching Batman Returns, along with several Christmas themed episodes of the Batman, Superman and Justice League animated tv shows.

Sometimes I'm joined by friends, but I've discovered I'm just as content to do it all by myself. Tomorrow afternoon will be this year's celebration of Batman and chocolate.

I'd better go buy my ingredients!

6 comments:

Michael Bridgman said...

Fancy that, I just recently watched Batman Returns myself, which is one of my favorite films. Burton even got Siouxsie & The Banshees to do the Catwoman theme song, which plays during the ballroom scene and the credits.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael!
I've never heard of that band outside the movie, but "Face To Face" was an awesome song that I strongly identify with the movie and that fits Catwoman perfectly!
It's always fun to come to that tune when I'm listening to the movie soundtrack.
See ya!

Paeter

Michael Bridgman said...

Hmm, I have a feeling you would like Siouxsie & The Banshees then. If you get a chance, you should check out either the album The Best Of Siouxsie & The Banshees or Juju.

Anonymous said...

Cool! Do you know if they are still recording?

Michael Bridgman said...

Yes and no. Siouxsie & The Banshees, as the team-up of Siouxsie Sioux and Steven Severin, haven't released any new records since 1995, although most of their records are still pretty readily available. However, as of 2007, Siouxsie released a solo album titled Mantaray and went on tour, so there's recent material in this respect.

Anonymous said...

Great! Thanks for the info!