THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Denning Is Out, Weis Is In



I finally gave up on Troy Denning's "The Verdant Passage". Not because it was bad, it just didn't hold my interest. His writing style was fine, his characters just weren't that fascinating.

Instead, I'm turning my attention back to Margaret Weis' "Dark Disciple" trilogy. I've read the first two and the third recently came out in paperback, so I'm going back to start at the beginning again to refresh my memory as I make my way to the third book.

I think it's a sign of a good author when you can read their books a second time and they are still more gripping than some other books that you're trying for the first.

Weis is far from my favorite author, but she's solid when writing in the "Dragonlance" world. What I'm REALLY waiting for is the Genesis of Shannara trilogy in paperback!

No comments: