THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Funeral For A TV



Today, the flatscreen Samsung TV we've had in our TV room for six years decided it was done. We've been thinking about saving up for a new TV anyway, but this came a little sooner than expected. However, remember that hand me down TV I got from my parents a few months ago? Well it has now migrated downstairs until we have the funds for a new TV, so crisis averted.

As a movie geek, I'm bummed to lose the high def picture and some screen size, but at the end of the day it's just a TV. Shame on me for being a spoiled materialistic American consumer. I can always watch DVDs on my computer for pete's sake. And would it really kill me if I couldn't even do that? Get over it, Paeter! There's more to life.

Still, it does look funny to have a smaller TV in an entertainment center obviously designed for a larger one, with an extension cord coming out of the front to connect it to a different outlet. It sure isn't pretty, but I can still watch "Battlestar" on it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is aweseme! I think our main tv downstairs is a 10 or 12". We decided to give back the one my parents gave us b/c theirs crapped out on them. So we can relate.