THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Boycotting Animals


Gorilla Grodd, an evil genius Gorilla that can talk and build ray guns and stuff, is being featured in this week's issue of Superman/Batman, but I'm not buyin'. I sneaked a look at the last page to confirm it was a self-contained, one-shot story, and felt zero loss about not picking up the book this month.
I hate talking animals. I hate them. That's just all there is to it. And talking animals in comics makes me feel like I'm watching the disney channel.
I usually hate movies that feature animals, too. Horse movies, dog movies, cat movies. Even if they don't talk, I hate when a story revolves around an animal. I just don't get it.
The End.

2 comments:

Alan said...

OK, so not a fan of Captain Carrot? -- Alan

Anonymous said...

Good grief, no. At least not in mainstream DC continuity. Grant Morrison had him show up in a panel of "Final Crisis" and I about lost my mind.

My apologies to all fans of the "Captain" out there.