THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tackling Romans!


I just realized today that I'll be starting Romans in a couple of weeks on my other blog. In my weekly "In Search Of Truth" post at www.spiritblade.net/blog, I examine (as best I can) books of the Bible, going chapter by chapter and verse by verse. I started three years ago (wow, has it been that long?) with the Gospel of John and after that started Acts. I've been taking breaks during Acts to go through the New Testament letters as they would fall chronologically in the historical account of Acts. This week, I'm finally finishing up 1st Corinthians, and for some reason I thought 2nd Corinthians would come immediately after. Instead, I'll be doing about two weeks back in Acts and then tackling quite possibly the most complex book of the entire Bible, Romans. Yikes!
Well, no sense stressing. I enjoy studying and learning, but I'm no trained scholar, so I just have to accept that I will undoubtedly miss a lot. Hopefully it will still be helpful to some folks. I KNOW it will be good for ME!

1 comment:

Jon said...

I will definitely be reading your Romans commentary/examination! It's deep and good.