THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, November 30, 2009

The "Magic" Of Christmas Music


I've been in a massive time-crunch the last few hours. My day was filled up with work I normally never have to do on Mondays and put me considerably behind schedule and in a nasty mood. (Good thing my wife wasn't home to enjoy it!)
But it occurred to me that I might be able to break the curse by making some hot chocolate with peppermint and putting on some Christmas music. The old fashioned kind you can only hear on AM radio. Or CD's created from old records you can still hear the scratches from.
I am normally anything but a fan of "old fashioned" music, but there's something about the Christmas season that allows me to enjoy really old-school Christmas music. Folks that know me will tell you that I'm no fan of empty tradition or nastolgia when it comes to the church, and particularly corporate worship. But when nostalgia comes separately from either of those and wrapped in green and red colored music, it somehow get's the "go ahead" from my brain to come on in and make itself comfortable. And sometimes just when I really need it!

No comments: