THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Eowyn Rocks!













No, I don't mean the "Lord Of The Rings" chick, but the vocal artist whose geeky LOTR dad gave her the same name. (A man after my own heart.)

Last week I was trying like crazy to find a new Christian artist to listen to that had a dark sound that was either Industrial Electronic or that had some electronic production value. I'm a huge fan of the band "Red" and figured I'd never be likely to find anything else like them in the realm of Christian music. But then I stumbled onto Eowyn while sifting through a TON of bad music and she totally grabbed me.

I'm not usually into female vocalists. Mainly because I can't sing along in the strongest part of my vocal range. And Eowyn utilizes the break in her voice a little too often at times. But she otherwise has a wonderfully smooth voice and does a fantastic job of haunting my thoughts while suspended by a dark Industrial Rock sound. She has three albums out, but her current sound is newly developed with the album "Silent Screams".

Looks like it came out in 2008 and she's been releasing a new CD about every two years. So hopefully we'll hear something new from her soon! I will likely wear out "Silent Screams" in just a few weeks!

5 comments:

Alan said...

I checked her out on iTunes -- very solid. I usually dig female singers with edge, like Plumb or Flyleaf. Fireflight's new album is vrey nice, too.

Unknown said...

I have to totally agree with your comments...of course I'm a little biased because I'm the Geeky dad.
FYI Eowyn also has a 4th album but you will probably never hear it because it was her starter album called "One more Chance'. A lot of good lyrics on it.

Anonymous said...

By "the Geeky dad" do you mean that you're Eowyn's dad? Cool! Thanks for stopping by!

If not, thanks for stopping by anyway! All "geeky dads" are welcome here!

You might enjoy my "Christian Geek" themed podcast if you haven't checked it out yet.
(See link to the right.)

Take care,

Paeter

Nathan J. Norman said...

Wow, I'm glad you posted this. In 2008 Eowyn wrote a blog that she was shutting down her ministry, and not doing music any longer. So I just went over to her website . . . and it seems that she and her husband have recatured the vision.

Thanks for posting . . . I might have missed out on the good news otherwise!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm retroactively disappointed and relieved all at once! Glad she didn't stop! She's got a new fan and hopefully a few more! Go check her out on Myspace, people!

-Paeter