THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, March 15, 2010

I Need New Music!











I've got 10 bucks of i-tunes money that I have no idea how I'm going to use. I don't want to buy any videos, the latest offerings from The Echoing Green and Andy Hunter aren't what I'm looking for. (Too bright or mellow respectively.) Red is nowhere near releasing a new album. There are no film scores I want. No video game scores either.

I'd love to find a dark, industrial artist that uses a solid lead vocal (lots of out of tune vocalists out there) and maybe some orchestral or "epic" elements to their sound. Or another band like Red that values melody flavored with screaming with a hard rock sound and some epic elements all complimented by some electronic production value.

And if it happens to be Christian music, that's icing.

Any recommendations? Or is that bit too specific?

2 comments:

Steve Riekeberg said...

I think Celldeweller might be worth a look, especially his instrumental album "Soundtrack for the Voice in my Head", along with "Wish Upon a Blackstar" Volumes 1 and 2, respectively, and his self-titled.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but for some of the elements you listed, he instantly sprang to mind as something I dig. (Admittedly, I'm in to harder music.)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Steve! I'll check him out!

-Paeter