THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Diggin' David Coe














Having just finished a great series by Gail Z. Martin(Chronicles Of The Necromancer), I've found myself once again in the search for a new author. After two or three duds, I came upon author David B. Coe, who has at least two fantasy series available. I've started reading the first, which begins with "Children Of Amarid".

So far, Coe has all of the key ingredients required for me to stick with a novel. A sword and sorcery setting. A lack of overly descriptive details or political intrigue, a decent dose of violence or darkness in tone, and a style that repeatedly connects me to the feelings of the characters.

It remains to be seen if I'll discover any quirks that turn me off, but I'm nearly 100 pages in and I'm enjoying the story so far!

No comments: