THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Finding Time For It All













Today is the first day that my wife goes back to work after giving birth to our second son at the end of October.

We're grateful that she works from home and is still able to feed him during micro-breaks in her shift, but her job does require her to clock in and out very strictly, so there isn't much wiggle room for anything else. When she's working, I'm watching the boys and that's that.

The tricky part is that there are about 3 hours of overlap, where I'm watching the boys AND trying to work at the same time. Our 3 year old naps (or more realistically plays in his room) most of that time, but he's also potty training. And the newborn... well, he's a newborn.

So once again I'm having to adjust to a work style in which I may have to drop everything at almost any given moment (which I've done once already since starting this post) to be a dad.

I'm grateful that I don't currently have any production deadlines looming, but I can already tell that it will take a significant amount of adjustment (and deep breathing) to get through what I hope will be a relatively short season of reduced productivity.

Ugh.. Reduced productivity. That should be considered a cuss-word.

No comments: