THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Prepping For A Road Trip!




(I know, this picture has nothing to do with road trips. But I didn't feel like looking up a new photo to use.)

I'm heading out of town tomorrow and will be spending a lot of the week driving to and from various places in Montana and North Dakota. (My cousin is getting married and we're taking the chance to visit family.)

I look forward to long driving trips because it gives me a chance to do something I don't get to do very often. Listen to audio drama!

Now, you'd think that because of what I do every day I listen to audio drama all the time. But actually, it's because of my job that I CAN'T! I'm not able to write and listen to fiction at the same time, and when I'm not writing (scripts, e-mails, blogs, website copy, etc.) I'm using my ears to mix and create my own audio content.

I can also get an extra dose of the teaching lectures I listen to. Currently I'm enjoying material by both Winkie Pratney and William Lane Craig.

We have a rule in our car that whoever is driving gets to choose what we listen to. I'll be volunteering to drive a lot!

No comments: