THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, April 11, 2011

I Can Work Again! (My Mom Rocks!)




Since our second son was born in October, my wife and I have been struggling to develop a schedule that allows each of us to work from home. By nature, her work cannot be done while also watching a baby and three year old. Unfortunately, mine "technically" can. But it is EXTREMELY frustrating.

For a couple of months now I've been heading closer and closer to some kind of breaking point, and in recent days, after an exhausting vacation in which our boys sucked even more of my life force than usual, I've been running on emergency reserves of patience and have even experienced "system failure" a few times, resulting in words to my oldest son that I wish I could take back.

Thankfully, today is the first day that our oldest son is being watched by my mom, who lives just five minutes from us. We've been planning this for a little while, and now it is finally happening. My mom will be watching him for about 4 hours, twice a week, during a time in his schedule when he usually needs lots of attention. In fact, that's where he is right now.

Wow! What an amazing thing it is to be able to work without the TV playing, or some kid needing to show and tell every five minutes! I'd nearly forgotten the incredible joys of uninterrupted productivity!

Thanks so much, Mom!

No comments: