THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, October 31, 2011

My Board Game Obsession








My love of board/card games recently only seems to be swelling every day. But not just because I'm developing a game myself. A couple of months ago I started reading my back issues of Knights Of The Dinner Table, which I'm planning to resume purchasing after a three year hiatus from reading it.

Even though the characters in the comic are bellying up to a table to play role-playing games, the kind of chatter and fun that happens during an RPG is similar to what I experience while playing board games. KODT also has a great feature called "The Lost Game Safari", in which out of print board games worth a second look are reviewed. Combine that with the store available at boardgamegeek.com and ebay, and a world of awesome board games suddenly becomes available!

Today I'm on the hunt for boardgame podcasts. I'm not normally a podcast listener, but a recent change in my habits (which I'll probably talk about on Wednesday) means that I'm now looking for something interesting to listen to during my lunch breaks. Boardgamegeek.com has an index of board game podcasts, but there is quite a lot to sift through. So if you know of a good boardgame podcast, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: