THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm An American Again!





















In early August my Xbox Live account was hacked and then transferred to the Russian server. A huge pain in the butt that meant I couldn't download new content, couldn't re-download games I'd previously purchased and couldn't navigate any of the Xbox Live menus without a Russian translator sitting next to me. (I don't have one of those.)

Repeated calls to Xbox support ended with basically "it should just be a week or two more, sir". A week or two must mean three months in Microsoft Math. (Which shouldn't surprise me based on their wonky "points to dollars" ratios.)

But FINALLY I got an automated e-mail from Xbox support (still in Russian, but I found an online translator) on Wednesday telling me that my account was back in the US again. I launched my Xbox desktop and lo and behold, I am no longer a Russian!

Of course there's still the matter of the 120 Microsoft Points that the investigation team hasn't added back to my account yet. (Sigh.) Where is that phone number again?

No comments: