THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Comes Early!














Every other year we go visit my wife's family in Pennsylvania for Christmas. (So if you live near Grove City, shoot me an e-mail and maybe we can get coffee!) Although I miss being around my family for Christmas, and the richly meaningful Christmas Eve service our church puts together each year, it's fun to be with my in-laws (yes, you read that correctly!), to see snow for a change and to celebrate MULTIPLE Christmases!

One fun little bonus of these odd years is celebrating Christmas early with my parents and one of my sisters, then again with just my wife and our boys before flying out to Pennsylvania to celebrate our third (and the "real") Christmas on the 25th.

So I get to have family get-togethers earlier, eat our traditional lasagna/seven-layer salad dinner earlier, and open some presents earlier! (Woohoo! More vacation time to play with new toys!)

With the three nights of "hardcore caroling" finished, and the big sale we're having at Spirit Blade Productions wrapping up after the weekend, I'm fixin' to settle into a nice vacation groove on Monday or Tuesday, and boy am I ready for it!

Since this is my last "Paeter's Brain" post until January 4th, I hope you have a wonderful, meaningful Christmas, and I'll see you back here again next year!

No comments: