THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where are the good old games?



I'm currently enjoying yet another module on "Neverwinter Nights" and occassionally switching over to KOTOR 2 on XBOX. I'm also looking forward to Dragon Age: Origins this fall, yet another RPG from Bioware.

But despite my gamer bliss, there's still an itch I need to have scratched now and then. That classic, turn-based japanese rpg kinda itch. I've played every Final Fantasy Game on NES, SNES, PS1 and PS2. Well, except for "Mystic Quest" (lame) and FF11(not a fan of monthly charges). And suffered through experimenting with many other JRPGs on those systems as well.

The most recent Dragon Warrior/Quest game came out only on the Nintendo DS. I've also seen many of SquareEnix's previous games remade for the Gameboy Advance or the DS. Is this where I should be heading next if I want to scratch my itch?

Maybe a quick trip to Gamespot will help. See ya!

No comments: