THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Is Ebay Worth It?


I may finally get around to learning how to sell on ebay this week. But I'm wondering if it will be worth it. I've got a used bookstore that will probably give me at least 5-8 bucks in cash for each of my "Supernatural" dvd seasons (1-3 if anyone's interested), and while I may be able to get more on ebay, I'm just not sure if I want to go to all the trouble.
Still, I've gone to the trouble of ordering free shipping supplies form USPS (which have arrived) and I know exactly how much each item weighs after taking them to be weighed at the post office. I need to get back on ebay to see what steps I'm forgetting. (Oh yeah, I'll need to get my wife's digital camera and have her take and send me pictures of the DVD sets.)
All these little details are just a pain in the butt, when I could get the whole thing over with and take these DVDs to my bookstore. 5-8 bucks is kinda lousy in trade for a DVD tv season, but I can get half that again (or more) if I accept trade credit instead. And although I don't often find something I'm really itching for at that store, I usually run into something to spend money on there every 3-6 months. Choices, choices...

1 comment:

JD said...

Try craigslist. It's much easier if you're just trying to unload something real quick.