THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Last Camping Trip


Monday night I drove out of town to go camping with my family. I'm not a big fan of bugs, the outdoors and well... nature. I've never understood why people think it's fun to pretend that we don't have electricity or durable shelter while still using flashlights and camper trailers. It seems to me that nature can be "enjoyed" just as easily through a modernized cabin or hotel window.
In any case, I think after having a run-in with a 5-foot snake and two skunks in one night, I've earned a "pass" on the next camping trip suggested to me. No one was bitten or sprayed, but I came within 2 feet of accidentally stepping on the snake and was temporarily barred from entrance to my tent by a skunk. That's enough "enjoying nature" to last me for a while.

No comments: