THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Figuring Out Forums









Today's challenge is "figuring out forums". I'm attempting to launch a forum website for the Spirit Blade Productions community. The biggest and most vital ingredients are in place. A listener put together a fantastic looking site for the forums and has volunteered to be technical administrator, and I've got at least one person who has expressed willingness to moderate.

But now it's up to me to fill in all the little holes. Namely policy. I have to figure out what ground rules to establish for forum discussion and how moderators should respond to rule violations. I have some great examples to follow and model the forum after, but I still need to put it all down in my own words for the site. That is my challenge for today.

I better get to it!

No comments: