THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Cake Alternatives












Today is my wife's birthday, and one thing we share in common that is always fun at times like this is that we are not "cake-lovers". So when it's just the two of us celebrating one of our birthdays (as it is today), we go for a cake alternative. This time, it will be ice cream from "Coldstone". (I tend to go for cheesecake, myself, but luckily they have a cheesecake ice cream option that is frickin' amazing.)

I also dig pies. Particularly strawberry and chocolate pudding pie. (Not together, a pie for each flavor.) In fact, those might be the only two pies I like.

If I have to go with a cake, I'll take one with a more creamy frosting, over the really sweet kind. And chocolate is out of the question. (I don't even know why people think chocolate cake tastes anything like chocolate.)

I've also recently rediscovered a love for strawberry muffins with a cinnamon crumb topping.

...I'm hungry.

2 comments:

Alan said...

ColdStone rocks!

I am also plan to make this my mantra of 2011: "More pie! Less cake!"

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have said it better myself!