THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Flu Firewall



















I'm the last man standing.

First my oldest son. Started feeling warm and losing energy yesterday. Puked a waterfall of bile down my shoulder and back today. My wife is getting the sniffles. Kissing is off-limits. And now our 3 month old is fighting a mild fever.

While my wife has been working, I've been trying to keep two sick, sensitive boys from melting down all day long. And failing.

Started the week with a lot of excitement over my plans for Spirit Blade Productions this spring. Filled with energy and ideas, ready to go. But with my family all jacked up? Not even an option.

So here I stand. One solitary figure tossed out of the boat of productivity by waves of familial obligation(and y'know, love and stuff, too), hoping to hold off this nasty flu bug and somehow, praying that my mind is not lost in the effort.

Too melodramatic? Yeah, sorry. I'm a sensitive ar-TEEST.

2 comments:

Kat Heckenbach said...

There is no feeling in the world like baby puke running down your back, is there? Hope you are all doing better soon!

Paeter Frandsen said...

Baby puke isn't so bad. This was three-year-old puke. And he's at the age where it's really freaking him out to vomit, too. So that's extra wonderful.
He's doing much better today though.