THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, June 4, 2007

Computer Gaming



So I'm quickly running out of games on the PS2, but I'm not ready to go next-gen yet. So in the meantime I've been exploring the world of PC games. Now, if you read my post on "The Spirit Blade Underground" last week, you know I'm not a computer person, so PC games I tend to avoid. Sure, the games may be a little cheaper, but it's off-set by the cost of updating your video cards and making sure you've got the newest drivers and all that other stuff.

A friend let me borrow (and even offered to let me keep) "Oblivion" and "Fear". Both look like pretty awesome games. Alas, my video card is too old and I have zero interest in upgrading.

On the bright side, I've just recently discovered the classic "Diablo" games for PC and for those games my video card works great so far! Hopefully they'll hold my interest long enough to last until a price drop for the 360. (Sorry PS3. I've been loyal 'till now but you blew it with your system price. Good luck recovering, Sony.)

No comments: