THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

PSM

For some reason, PSM chose to send me yet ANOTHER issue that I will be selling at the used bookstore. I cancelled my subscription despite the increasingly large lettered flyers that came with each issue proclaiming, "This is your LAST chance to renew your subscription!" I guess they don't know what the word "last" means.

So why did I cancel my subscription? Well, Sony made some real bonehead moves with the PS3. First off, the price is ridiculous because of the blu-ray player that I have no interest in using. Second, I'm seeing fewer and fewer RPGs listed for development with the PS3. (I don't count Final Fantasy, as the last several installments have been big let-downs for me.) And lastly, did I mention the price is ridiculous?


Aside from that, PSM has reached the point that comes between systems where all they seem to cover is the new system. Since I won't be upgrading to any next-gen console until I've bled the PS2 completely dry, there's not much for me to read.


But hey, I'm sure I can find something nice at the bookstore with the trade credit I'll be getting for my latest "Last Chance" issue of PSM!

No comments: