THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Solar, Man Of The Atom


The second book I grabbed with my extra change last week, was "Solar, Man Of The Atom- Alpha and Omega". This was a trade paperback that collected the origin story for this character that was spread out over the course of the first 8 or 9 issues of the comic book.
This character, a re-vamp of a 1960's superhero, reminded me of Dr. Manhattan from Alan Moore's "Watchmen". He gains incredible power to manipulate energy and matter and begins to think of himself as more of a god than a man.
I'll let slip just a wee bit here that Spirit Blade Productions' "Top Secret Project" entitled Absolute Power will find some of its inspiration from stories like this one and "The Watchmen".
This book was truly ahead of its time. Although I think it may be cancelled now, I'm hoping to go back and collect all the back issues for it, since it unfortunately did not make any other trade paperbacks. So there goes my "extra money" problem.

No comments: