THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Need Some Cheats


I'm thinkin' of selling this game. I'm playing it on the PS2, which I'm sure is inferior to the same experience on a PS3 or 360. Nevertheless, I'm still frustrated by a platforming jumping task that is required to move forward in the game. I mean, c'mon. Platform jumping? I thought this was an action RPG? This game is pretty good, but every once in awhile they bring elements into the gameplay that simply don't belong, and this is one of them.
I wish they had taken more inspiration from (or just plain ripped off of) Champions Of Norrath. When Ultimate Alliance came out, it was getting such great reviews, while "Justice League Heroes" was the critical underdog. And yet JLHeroes is a game experience that I've repeated more than FOUR times now, while Ultimate Alliance I have yet to complete even once. And it's not just the Marvel v. DC imprint, either. "Alliance", at least on the PS2, has a choppy framerate that makes play a little... I don't know... less than great.
It's a long game, but not for the better. I'm guessing the real novelty here is the multi-player aspect, since the single-player on JL Heroes is MUCH more satisfying. So if I find the cheat I need, great. But if not, this game will be sold and credited toward my purchase of "Highlander, Season 3".

No comments: