THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Something Clicked..."



I'm not sure what happened. I've had the diamond edition of Neverwinter Nights for a couple of years now. I'd played it for a few hours at a time at the very beginning, as a magic user, but the game play was too encumbered with strategy and I was looking for either a Diablo or Final Fantasy experience.

Not to mention I couldn't find a way to stay comfortable with a mouse and keyboard for any length of time. You just can't lounge the way you can with a controller.

But last week I decided to start the game over using a fighter, and my experience was completely transformed! Originally I had been planning to use this game just to keep me busy until "God of War 2" comes in the mail for me. But now I'm so immersed in the action and the storyline that I don't know WHAT I'll do when I have to choose between Kratos and Vincent Craft. (The name of my fighter. Yep, I couldn't resist.)

I've heard the solo player game is already pretty long. Add to that the expansions it came with and the official and user made adventures all over the internet and I can see that I may not need to look for another RPG for awhile!

I'm even considering trying out the multi-player aspect at some point, since it doesn't cost any money. But we'll see. I'm still not keen on getting the crap kicked out of me by some kid who's angry 'cuz his mom told him to take the garbage out one too many times.

No comments: