THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, March 7, 2008

Red Lantern!



I'll be honest, I'm not sold yet on the concept of a rainbow of lantern corps. That seems like an idea born from the same mind that gave the rings a weakness to the color yellow. A red, orange and blue lantern corps feels kinda dated at first glance.

That said, so far I'm very impressed with the execution. The introduction of the Red Lantern concept has me very interested. Bringing the Controllers back into the picture with the Orange Lantern concept is a step in the right direction. (Once again, Geoff Johns breathing life into old continuity.)

Somehow between the artwork and the writing, I'm actually REALLY enjoying these stories. I shouldn't be terribly surprised. I'm a BIG fan of Johns' writing. Still, at the outset I wasn't sure about these new lantern corps concepts.

I'm thrilled to be proven wrong!

No comments: