THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, April 14, 2008

30 Years of Geek!



Last Friday I turned 30 and spent the entire weekend celebrating! Thursday night, my friend Mark came in from out of town to play "Descent" with me all weekend. We started Thursday night and with only a few breaks, played until late Sunday afternoon.

My wife also made my FAVORITE meal on Friday: Lasagna and seven-layer salad!!

Despite having all weekend to play, Mark and I still decided to skip a few remaining quests from the "Altar of Despair" expansion pack so that we could get started on the massive, game-changing "Road To Legend" expansion! (I'll definately need to get on the message boards over at Fantasy Flight Games to ask a few rules questions. Wow the changes are cool!)

The birthday celebration won't officially be over until next August, when I attend GenCon with my wife. (The trip is my birthday present from her.)

As for being 30, I've been asked if I feel any different or if I'm bummed. I'll be honest and say that the week before I had a couple doubts now and then, but having passed the thresh-hold now, I can see that my original expectations were correct: It's the prime of life!

After all, most of the classic superheroes started their careers at around 30 and are currently assumed to be in their mid-30's. So I'm standing next to legends!

See ya!

No comments: