THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, June 6, 2008

Eberron





As I search for new reading material, I may give this book series a try. It's based on a D&D campaign setting. Never played the campaign, but then I've never played "Dragonlance" and that setting has produced a few good books. I tried some "Forgotten Realms" stuff, but R.A. Salvatore only seems interested in describing fights, much like Ed Greenwood. Internal characterization seems a rare element for those authors.

I may find the same to be true of Eberron, but at least the cover art looks neat-o, and I've got a 7-day used book return policy to protect me if it sucks. (Which reminds me, I should get this lame "Elminster" book back to them and recover my precious trade credit.)

No comments: