THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, June 20, 2008

They Didn't "Want" Us


I finally get something cool for free and it doesn't pan out. An employee at my comic book store gave me a pass for two to an advance screening of the comic book-based movie, "Wanted". Me and a buddy drove 30 minutes and waited for over an hour, only to be told that the theatre was filled to capacity and they wouldn't be letting anyone else in.
I'm not too bummed. The fine print on the pass said to come early and that seats aren't a sure thing. We came as early as we could and still didn't make it. Oh well. We knew it could happen.
Not a big deal, except I COULD have had a cool advance review of the movie here for you. Instead I've just wasted your time by sharing this pointless account. At least you didn't have to stand in the sun for an hour to find out that I don't have anything neat for you.
Have a good weekend!

No comments: