THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Vampires that make me gag


In all fairness, I haven't seen "Twilight". I'm not going to see "Twilight". The previews alone remind me of so many things that make me gag.
High schoolers already think their little high school world is so important and beyond understanding. They already think they know what love is and the world just doesn't sympathize with them. Do we really need to taint the concept of a vampire underworld by mixing it with the overly dramatic lives and relationships of teenagers? Must we really watch vampires pass notes to each other in class and blog about how cute they think someone is on Myspace?
I talked to a group of high school girls today who had all seen this movie last night and they were incredibly enthusiastic and bubbly over the experience of watching it. I'm told critical reviews have so far not been as favorable.
If anybody wants to see this movie and tell me what they think (anybody other than a teenage girl.), I'd be interested. Otherwise, I can't wait for them to stop playing commercials for this terrible looking film.

2 comments:

Alan said...

I am not going to see it, but I may eventually pick up the books. But it did have an excellent opening day at the box office, and is on pace to earn back its production costs over this first weekend. Say what we will, this movie has brought girls to the theatres without boys, and that's an accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

I had seen it with a friend of mine because I had nothing better to do. I can say this is one vampire film that I was disappointed with. I hate the whole human/vampire conflict at this point, what I mean by this is that in almost every movie anymore (such as The Queen of the Damned) a human falls in love with a vampire and wants to become one and live this happy (undying) life with them. That kind of love just doesn't exist, and the thought of it makes me sick.