THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Being The Overlord


This week I'm trying out a game called "Overlord" on the Xbox 360. The control scheme is a little wonky, but I'm getting used to it and really loving the theme.
You play on the flip side of the fantasy coin. Your an Overlord who has just woken from a death slumber to discover your tower has been ransacked by heroes, your control of the land is lost and peace reigns everywhere. Blech!
Good thing you've got an endless supply of hopelessly loyal gremlins to follow you around, praise your name even as you kick them and do whatever your evil heart commands.
The game is mostly mischievous and not truly dark and I found myself laughing out loud multiple times so far. I've got a few more days to try it out before I make a decision, but hopefully it will be a keeper!

2 comments:

Stuart said...

I remember playing the demo for this game and loving it. I'll have to consider getting this for the PC (no Xbox for me).

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's a sweet game. Had to return it for now, though. It's the "Summer Of Free"!