THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, July 20, 2009

"Harry Potter And The Obnoxious American"


So last night I dreamed I was hanging out with Harry, Hermione, Ron and some other students of Hogwarts. I had a burning question in mind and couldn't help but ask it.
"Okay, so I know you guys are having a great time playing with 'invisible cloaks' and funny 'magic potions'..."
I grabbed a wand from the kid next to me.
"And I know you're all probably just gonna think I'm an abnoxious American for asking this, but...Does anyone know the Latin for 'I am invincible, bwahahahaaa?' Seems like we could fix your problems a lot easier with a spell like that."
I was met with blank stares.
So I walked off with the wand taking various stabs at figuring out the Latin for my brilliant idea. (Yes, "Potter" fans, I'm sure it's more complicated than that.) I finally got it right and marched straight into Voldemort's middle eastern terrorist camp where he had kidnapped some baby. Bullet's and spells all bounced off me for a bit and then I grabbed the baby and walked out.
Tadaah! How's that for a magic trick?

2 comments:

Alan said...

AB-noxious? Is that someone who is annoying boasful of their rock-hard stomach? -- Alan

Anonymous said...

Yeah, something like that. Wish "O" was close to "A" on the keyboard. Then I'd have an easy excuse. Turns out I'm just a moron...

Think I fixed it, though! Thanks!

;)