THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Trying To Trick Me?


I think Warner Brothers is trying to milk me for cash. The director's cut of Watchmen came out yesterday. Knowing that the Ultimate Collector's Edition will arrive "in the fall", I was planning to avoid making a purchase now. The last season of Battlestar Galactica and the Green Lantern Animated movie are coming out next week, and I'm trying to save up for some other stuff in October.
But today I learned that a flyer inside copies of the director's cut gives 10 bucks off the price of the Ultimate Collection, which arrives not in "the fall" as stated earlier, but December! And based on the description given in the flyer, there seems to be no assurance that the director's cut will be included in that set, which means I may end up buying the director's cut eventually anyway.
To add to the whole mess, I can't find any rental stores that are renting out the director's cut. Just the theatrical version. It would seem that WB really wants to sell the director's cut to normal folks rather than video stores.
The first week sale price of the director's cut at Best Buy will vanish in a few more days. I have a decision to make. But will it be the right one...

No comments: