THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The "Summer Of Free" Bought My TV!


After three months of saving and scraping I was finally able to get the HD TV for playing video games in my upstairs office/playroom. I'm not a graphics snob, but many games for the Xbox 360 are formatted for widescreen hi-def TV, and if you don't have one I discovered it can be REALLY hard to read in-game text. As an RPG gamer, reading text is vital, and "Dragon Age Origins" will hit shelves next month! (Along with a few other RPGs in the near future.) So getting a hi-def TV has been a goal of mine for awhile now.
I skipped buying a fair chunk of comics and DVDs this summer, along with a number of other money saving strategies. In the end, I saved close to $100. (That's ALOT for me, folks!) Add to that some leftover "fan" and "furniture" money in our budget and a big sale on a display model TV at Best Buy at their Labor Day sale, and I finally hit my goal!
Woohoo! Now back to my regularly scheduled spending...

No comments: