THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Brave And The Bold" Getting Boring And Old


DC's ongoing team-up book, "The Brave And The Bold", has taken a turn for the worse in recent months. Whether the blame goes to new writer J. Michael Stracynski or the editorial decision to go from story arcs to a "one-shot" format, I don't know. But I don't like it.
Stracynski is actually doing a fine job. I shouldn't be too hard on him. But the one-shot format is not what I've been buying this comic for. Although the artwork of George Perez felt a little static after a few issues, I really enjoyed most of the story Mark Waid was weaving. I buy comics for ongoing plots worth investing in, but with the tag line "Lost stories of yesterday, today and tomorrow" added to this title, declaring its new "one-shot" story status quo, DC can consider me off of this title until they change it back to an ongoing arc format.

No comments: