THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, November 16, 2009

My TV Hates Me And All My Stuff


My wife and I have been saving for quite awhile and the time was right (because of some great sales) to replace our old TV with a new one.
I'm VERY pleased with our purchase, but I don't think our purchase is pleased with me. After hooking it up, I discovered that it had somehow killed our cable box in the process and it doesn't like playing video from our VCR. (Yeah, I know it's old school, but apart from some ancient VHS tapes our son likes, we only use it to record shows now and then and can't justify the cost of a DVR between the existence of our VCR and Hulu.)
Our TV also decided that we should have to reconfigure our audio receiver and learn all over again how to set it up for the various uses we give to it. So hooking up a single TV caused some form of disfunction in every appliance it touched!
I'm about halfway through getting everything functioning as it should, but GOOD GRIEF!
Humans have enough trouble getting along with each other. Do we really have to make technology in our own image?

No comments: