THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, December 4, 2009

New Book Search Coming













I can feel it in my bones. It's almost time to start looking for a new fantasy author. I've been enjoying Robert Newcomb's "Chronicles Of Blood And Stone", even though he's guilty of a little too much exposition and "tell don't show". I'm on book three of the trilogy now and may be ready for a break before his follow-up trilogy. Then again, if he ends this book in the same anti-climactic way in which he ended "The Gates Of Dawn", I may just look for a new author altogether. I don't know.

Good news is, I've got a Terry Brooks trilogy on my bookshelf I've never read before, The Genesis Of Shannara, which should hold me over long enough to find a solid new author if I need to.

No comments: