THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Caroling With A Purpose!










For those who live in the Mesa/Phoenix area, I'm extending an invitation to you!

Once again this year I'm putting together a caroling group, made up mostly of folks in my church, to visit some people that could use some love this Christmas Season! The "Caring Ministry" at Red Mountain Community Church has selected 20 names for us. More than we’ve EVER attempted before! So the need for involvement is great and the potential for ministry even greater! So if you love to sing, or just love to SHOW love, it would be GREAT to have you along! And let me state clearly: You don't have to be a "singer". If you like having fun and want to cheer up some people that could use it, you will never forget this experience!

There are three ways to get involved and you can do one or all three if you'd like:

1. Meet us at the church at 6:30 pm on December 17th, 18th, 21st or 22nd (Thursday, Friday, Monday Tuesday) to go caroling! (We will be done each night by or before 9pm.) Forward this post to folks you know and invite a friend, too! And you’re certainly welcome to come on more than one night!

2. Donate 5 bucks (or more if you’d like) to help buy baskets and goodies for those we visit. If you go this route, please e-mail/message me how much you will be donating ASAP so I know what we have to work with. You can bring your donation on any night of caroling or e-mail me to schedule a time I can pick it up.

3. Bake some goodies to put in the baskets! Two-dozen of anything yummy would be great and we could always use more if you enjoy baking! I will primarily collect goodies December 15th and 16th (Tuesday and Wednesday), though if you can’t make that deadline and would still like to contribute, I can still collect your goodies up until Saturday the 19th. Please e-mail/message me and let me know what you'd like to make, how many, and when I can pick it up.

The need is greater than ever this year and I can tell you from personal experience that the small effort involved has a surprisingly massive impact on those we are expressing love to!

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks so much for your consideration and I hope you'll join the fun this year!

Paeter Frandsen

No comments: