THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, January 25, 2010

BSG All Over Again!









Well, I've finally finished my fourth (or maybe 5th) complete viewing of the "Farscape" tv series. (I STILL well up with tears several times in the final miniseries!) But before I start it up again, I'm going to take a year or so off and watch Battlestar Galactica from beginning to end, now that it's all out on DVD.

I'm already amazed at how different all of these characters were in the miniseries that started it all. And I haven't even finished the opening credits yet!

For just one example, one of Geida's first lines to Adama (accompanied by an innocent, eager grin) is "I just want you to know what an honor it's been to serve under you these past three years."

Boy, these characters are in for a bumpy ride and it sure is gonna get ugly before it's over. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Alan said...

I just finished up season 1 of Farscape, thanks to your recommendation. Season 2 will commence in a few weeks. Enjoyable. I understand I need to prepare myself for some change of voices among the pupper-characters.

Anyway, I just watched the BSG finale a few days ago, and thought it did a pretty good job of wrapping things up and concluding the story in a reasonable way. No finale satisfies all parties, of course, but I found the series -- including its conclusion -- thought-provoking and enjoyable.

-- Alan

Anonymous said...

As far as I remember, it was just the puppeteer for Rygel that changed, not the voice. And pilot is voiced by Lani Tupu (same actor who plays Crais!) throughout the entire series.

Enjoy! Season 2 is when they really start to hit their stride!