THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Summer Of Free, 2010!












It's time once again for "The Summer Of Free"!

Last year at this time, I committed to spending as close to zero dollars on entertainment over the summer as I could, to help save up for a TV I eventually bought in the fall. It was such a good experience for me and helped train me to be more responsible with the resources God has entrusted to me. So I want to do it again! And I want YOU to be a part of it!

The internet is an insanely massive entity with untold numbers of free things to enjoy. Video games, videos, short stories, music, audio drama... the list goes on and on!

I'd like to compile lists and reviews of free entertainment on the web that geeks like you and me would enjoy. So if you know of a site with great videos (or have a list of "youtube favorites") I want it! If you know of a great free game online, tell me about it! Comment here or send me an e-mail and I'll share it on the podcast!

And if you don't know where to start, there are a TON of free games to sift through at freeware.net. If you'd like to try one out, I'd love to know:
1. What you think of the game.
2. How it plans to make money, if at all(free trial? buy in-game items/content etc.)
3. What the system requirements are.

(And as a side note, please only send me info about stuff that is unquestionably legal. For example, the use of video game roms and emulators is a legal gray area and I'd prefer to avoid gray areas.)

I hope you'll be a part of this summer long event with me and save yourself some money along the way!

Happy Hunting!

No comments: