THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dragon Age All Over Again!













This week, after playing Lelianna's Song and The Darkspwan Chronicles, I turned around and started a new game of Dragon Age: Origins. After getting through every origin story the game has to offer, I saved my anticipated favorite for last and started playing the game as a mage.

I'm really diggin' the experience so far. It's not as slow going as playing a mage in Neverwinter Nights, since mana regenerates between combat so you don't have to be quite as careful and strategic with your use of spells. But it still plays very differently from the Hack N Slash style game I had with my human fighter the first time through.

In my first game, I tried to make my character look as much like me as possible (though with much less flab around the waist) and made choices that I would try to make if I were courageous.

This time around, I'm creating my alter ego and making darker choices that seek out power and control of my life. All in all, it's already been a very different experience, despite playing the same main plot. But that's Bioware for you!

No comments: