THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Strategy RPGs





I've felt the need for a change of pace in gaming lately. Literally. As much as I dig on Dragon Age and Mass Effect, sometimes i still need some good turn-based goodness.

I've also been in a bit of a board game mood lately, but with a real shortage of people to play with.

So I'm turning my gaze on strategy rpgs like Final Fantasy Tactics, which I own and have played already, and a game I never bought but always wanted to check out, Stella Deus.

Something about moving figures on a grid satisfies my need to strategically move peices on a game board, and the turn-based strategy and inventory management feels like a hand full of cards.

Started FF Tactics last night, but then remembered that I'd seen a cheap copy of Stella Deus at a used gamestore nearby a few months ago (when I was steeped in other games and didn't need it). I'm going to run by today and see if it's still there. It was buried behind a number of other games, so if I'm lucky no one has bought it, but we'll see!

No comments: