THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm My Own Last Choice









If I were starting an internet company (which I have) and had money to hire an employee (which I don't), the first position I would fill would be that of "computer knowledge person" and the last person I would choose would be myself.

I'm trying to come up with something cool for a new page on the company website (spiritblade.net) that looks like what a hacker might see while breaking into a high security server.

I'm sitting in front of my screen typing stuff and realize that I know nothing about what I'm trying to do. I don't even know how to bring up a dos window thingy on my desktop! Why did I even START trying to come up with anything without asking for help first!?

This is just one of the many times I've found myself trying to do things waaay out of my range of knowledge. I have never been naturally good with computers, and I don't know any audio engineering lingo. But here I am day after day mixing audio drama and music for an online production company.

I love being creative. And that side of my work I thrive in. But that's not the part I spend most of my time in. All the other stuff that comes with this kind of work(marketing, engineering, website development) I've had to figure out as I go, with only my personal passion for what I do pushing me to learn the next thing.

Since starting out in 2006 I've learned quite a bit, but there's still a ton of trial and error involved. Hopefully, as time presses on, I'll continue to see a little more trial and a little less error.

No comments: