THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Knights Of The Dinner Table





A few years ago, after starting a gaming group again for the first time in years, I finally dropped my subscription to the RPG gamer comic, "Knights Of The Dinner Table". With a REAL gaming group on a regular basis, I found I didn't need to live out my PnP gaming life through the Knights anymore. It was a great period that lasted for about two years before a new season of life forced me to put that part of my geekiness on the back burner again for the time being.

But recently I've felt the need to be back in that world of table-top dungeon crawling. The comedic world of emotionally detached adventuring that the Knights celebrate so well. And since I still don't have room in my schedule for a regular gaming group, I've begun re-reading my KODT collection, starting with "Tales From The Vault, Vol. 1" with plans to work all the way through issue 135. And if I get all the way through and still want some more, I'll take advantage of the savings program my comic store has (which it didn't three years ago) and start collecting this series again.

No matter what I end up doing, I've really enjoyed getting back into these books. And "hoody hoo" do I have some reading to do!

No comments: