THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Playing as "Ebony" In Mass Effect




















Just started my second play-through of Mass Effect 1&2 last night. My first time I went with a soldier and used the default name and visual design for Shepard. I also made choices like I would try to make them. (Y'know, if I were actually tough, brave and selfless instead of weak, cowardly and self-absorbed.)

But this time I wanted to be a bad boy. And since the male voice actor still sounds pretty straight and narrow no matter how you play him, I decided after 10 minutes to start over with the female version of the character.

The female voice actor sounds much less formal (saying "gonna" instead of "going to", etc.) and has a somewhat husky tone that fits the way I plan to play. I also gave her pale skin, black hair and black lipstick and named her after every Spirit Blade fan's favorite demon-possessed butt-kicker... Ebony!

Havin' a blast so far! Now if only I could get my wife (the voice of Ebony) to wear black lipstick. Mmm...

No comments: